*New Update* Thank you all for voicing your opinion on the safety of this project, yes clearly anytime that fire is involved, please be careful! Also, the tea-lights are in a metal container and I have never had a tea-light burn the metal. Also, this goes in my fireplace so even if it did, perfect place right :) If you are too worried then please don’t make this project
Taking junk and turning it into something beautiful, what’s not to like? The first thing that came to my mind was the huge bag of used plastic Easter Eggs taking up space in my pantry. It felt wrong to throw them away and I am glad I didn’t. After some brainstorming, I came up with…. The Tealight Flight. It was super simple and came out really modern and classic looking.
Here is how I did it:
I took 12 egg bottoms (which I only ended up using 11).
I spray painted the top side and waited for that to dry, then painted the bottom side. Make sure to use a spray paint that is specifically for plastic. It took me about 3-4 coats; waiting 20 minutes between coats.
I waited for them to dry overnight before I started the next step. Then, I found a piece of scrap wood in our garage. It was flawless looking and I didn’t even need to sand it or anything. Make sure your eggs are fully covered by the spray paint.
Start by gluing the center egg to the center of the board. I used E6000, which is super strong. Use a tiny dot in the bottom if the egg then use a dot on each side of the egg to connect the ones side by side.
Keep doing this until you have glued all of your eggs down.
Wait 24 hrs before you place your tealights in!
Find the perfect spot, I put mine in my fireplace…