- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeded and grated (about 1 1⁄4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 flat breads or pocket-less pitas, warmed
- 1 small romaine heart, leaves torn if large
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- (I add lemon juice)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the cayenne, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumber, mint, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper (and lemon).
- Top the flat breads with the romaine, chicken, tomatoes, and tzatziki.
The Stake Your Claim beach towel is one of the most simple/useful crafts I have done all summer. I have already used it a handful of times, even in my backyard. All you need are a few supplies. I found my tent stakes ($1.50) and my beach towel ($6) at Academy.
Do you have a button hole foot on your machine? I don’t know what I would do without mine. You have to use a button in the button hole foot because that tells your machine how long to make the button hole. I chose a button slightly larger than my stakes. Just put your button in the slot and pull down.
Mark a dot on all of the four corners of your beach towel. Line the dot up with the center of the button hole foot, choose the button hole stitch and just start sewing; it does all of the work for you!
Now you have your stitched button hole. Take a seam ripper and carefully open the hole.
You now have your button holes so you can Stake Your Claim. In your backyard or at the Beach.
There you have the super simple/genius Stake Your Claim Beach Towel :) I think it would work perfect as a fun summer Birthday Gift too.